Statements & policies
Acceptable use policy
We at PCCW Global want to ensure that our services are used in a lawful, safe and appropriate way.
We have therefore set out some rules about how they can be used.
This acceptable use policy outlines these rules below:
1. You must not use the Services:
- In any way that is unlawful or illegal or in a way that affects the enjoyment of other users of the services; or
- To transmit, publish, link to, make available or receive any material which is defamatory, offensive, abusive, obscene, indecent, racist, harmful, threatening or menacing; or
- In a way that will be a breach of any person’s rights, including a breach of confidence, copyright, privacy or any other rights; or
- In breach of any instructions we have given you under the agreement; or
- In a way that is associated with a criminal offence; or
- Either directly or indirectly to impersonate any person, entity or a minor, use a false name or a name you are not entitled to use or to commit or attempt to commit any fraud; or
- In a way that does not conform with the acceptable use or anti-spam policies of any connected networks, the standards of the Advertising Standards Authority, professional publishing standards or any internet standards; or
- To infringe by the use of any domain name, mail box name or otherwise upon the rights of any other person in a trade mark or name whether in statute or common law; or
- To send email or any other type of electronic message with the intention or result of affecting the performance or functionality of any computer facilities; or
- To intentionally disrupt or adversely affect any other person or entity’s access to or use of the internet or any features which form part of the internet; or
- To transmit or cause to be transmitted any advertising, promotional or other materials that are unsolicited (commonly known as “spam”); or
- To transmit or cause to be transmitted mail bombs, chain letters or pyramid schemes.
- To collect names and personal details of other users of the services; or
- To transmit, publish, link to, make available or cause to be transmitted any material designed to obtain passwords, account information or other information from other users of the services; or
- To carry out port scanning/probing (which is an attempt to identify an open gateway into another internet user’s machine); or
- To run any program that can be used to compromise the efficiency and security of network traffic; or
- To knowingly or unknowingly cause to be transmitted worms, Trojans, viruses or other malicious software; or
- Directly or indirectly, to transmit, publish, link to or otherwise make available any confidential information or trade secrets of any person or entity.
2. If you do not follow these instructions, you agree to indemnify us against all claims, demands, actions, costs, expenses (including legal costs and disbursements), losses and damages arising from or incurred as a result of your actions.
3. Where it has been identified that services have been used for such activities, we may suspend or withdraw the services without notice and without liability to you.